• 3 lbs chicken drumsticks or legs
• 3 garlic cloves finely crushed
• ½ green bell pepper seeded and minced
• ½ red bell pepper seeded and minced
• 1 medium-large onion thinly sliced
• 2 scallions finely crushed
• 2 sprigs parsley finely chopped
• 2 sprigs thyme
• 2 lime juice or 1 sour orange juice
• 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
• 2½ tomato paste
• 1 Scotch bonnet pepper (hot)
• 1½ teaspoon salt
• 6 cloves
1. Pull skin off chicken legs, clean with 1 lime, rinse with cold water, clean again with sour
orange, and rinse with boiled water.
2. In large bowl mix chicken, half garlic crushed, half onion, green bell pepper, half parsley,
half scallion, thyme, salt, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Let marinated for a while.
3. In medium pot, warm up oil on medium heat, sauté tomato paste with remaining
portion of onion, red bell pepper, scallion, garlic, then add chicken and stir until they
begin to turn brown.
4. Add a little bit orange juice, cover, and let cook for 20 minutes. From time to time stir,
uncover and make sure that chicken doesn't stick at the bottom of saucepan until
5. Add 1 cup of water, hot pepper, cloves, parsley, and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Taste sauce, add spices and salt i, then serve with lettuce, tomato,