• 3 Green Plantains
• 2 cup Corn or Vegetable Oil
• 1 cup Water
• 1 tbsp. Salt (optional)
• 2 tbsp. Vinegar or sour orange
• 1 Tostonera (Plantain Press)
1. Peel the plantains and slice them diagonally into 1-inch pieces --
2. Place oil in a deep frying pan on medium heat. In a small bowl, add other ingredients
and set aside.
3. Place cut plantains in hot oil. Cook plantains for 5 to 7 minutes on each side until
golden brown. Then, remove plantains and lower heat.
4. Use quickly a wooden plantain press (Tostonera) or 2 plantain's skins to flatten each
slice to a thickness of about 1/3-inch.
5. Soak flattened plantains in water mixture flavored with 2 tbsp. of sour orange juice or
vinegar and place in oil on medium heat.
6. Turn plantains on each side until crispy and golden.
7. Remove fried plantains, place them on paper towels to get rid of excess oil. Serve hot