Spices and herbs are the main ingredients used in Haitian cuisine in order to enhance the flavors of all dishes that are unique and delectable. They are combined and blend together to form the Haitian seasoning which provides great tasting marinades and sure to satisfy the needs of any users. Have you ever experienced it? Let us know!
• 2 cups garlic cloves
• 2 cups leek chopped
• 2 cups onion chopped
• 1 1/2 cup red
• 1 1/2 green bell pepper
• 1 1/2 cup scallion chopped
• 1 cup celery chopped
• 1 cup parsley
• 1/2 cup thyme unstemmed
• 3 tablespoons bitter orange
• 2 tbsp salt + 2 pinches brown sugar
• 2 tbsp oil
• 1 large serving spoon mustard
1. Place all chopped spices in large tray to combine together.
2. In a master blender, gradually grind all ingredients in order to obtain a smooth mixture.
3. Pour the mixture in a jar and keep refrigerated.
* This recipe is considered to be a little bit spicy. For a milder recipe just blend 2 Scotch
Bonnet peppers instead of 3. Depending on the dishes to be prepared and serving size,
add 1 to 3 teaspoons ground spices to enhance their flavors.