• 2 cups sliced cabbage (green)
• 1/2 cup sliced carrots
• 1/4 cup sliced onion (yellow)
• 4 Scotch Bonnet peppers
• 1/4 cup green peas
• 1/4 cup sliced green & red pepper
• 2 cups white vinegar
• 1 tbsp sour orange juice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 6 cloves
• 1 small shallot
1. Cut a whole medium cabbage in 4 quarters and take out the steam head. If you have a
slicer, shred up 2 quarters and place them in a bowl. If you don't have a slicer, shred
the cabbage carefully with a sharp knife.
2. Peel and thinly shred 1 carrot and add it to the cabbage. Do the same for the onion,
shallot, green and red pepper.
3. Take out the hot peppers' stem, slice them horizontally, and put in the bowl.
4. Add green peas, shredded green and red pepper, cloves and mix everything with a fork
or pair of tongs.
5. Gradually add all ingredients into a 24 oz or 32 oz glass jar, and pour in vinegar, sour
orange juice, then salt.
6. Close jar and let sit for 24-72 hours. Use additional jar if necessary and refrigerate after
using. Avoid putting greasy utensils into jar, so it can last months.
* This spicy vinaigrette is used as a side dish to flavor many tantalizing dishes, such as malanga fritters, fried plantains, deep fried pork, sandwiches, fish, boiled eggs, and other excellent dishes.