• 1 cup white beans
• 8 cups water
• 1 garlic clove, crushed or garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon butter
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon ground spices
1. Wash white beans with cold water and remove damaged beans as they float.
2. Bring beans to a boil with 8 cups water on medium-low heat, then reduce to simmer for
1 hour 20 minutes.
3. Turn off heat. In a blender, puree 3/4 beans with water from pot and leave a few for
5. Strain beans puree into pot, add 3/4 cup water, salt, ground spices, butter, garlic, stir
and let simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Taste for salt and spices, add more if necessary.